Friday, August 27, 2004

Mmm Hot BunZ

8 Liang Seah Street

Thursday (260804):
Its been awhile since I met my cousins for a catch up session (and if its not for the camera agenda ha!). We had dinner at BunZ. It has similar concept to what I had in mind as one of my many business ideans - steamed buns on the go; in this case, its like a pita or taco concept where you have healthy chicken meat with various sauces and greens (instead of dips I envisioned with my ex). Verdict = will definitely go back again coz its light, healthy with nice ambience (not to mention the affordability).

Looking at my cousin, I realised that I was her previously, blinded by love and in denial that we could work things out (or rather I envisioned in my head that I am capable of fixing anything but what is there to fix if the problem lies with the other party... my self worth and integrity is intact... you cannot force someone to grow up if he doesn't want to... he has to grow at his own pace). That is the sad truth and it'll hurt alittle... well, I have moved on and I wish she will to (two more weeks and after a pair of shoes huh, Yan? We'll see) Love is letting go and with time you'll know if he is the one for you. In any case, we deserve better (can hear Inez saying that over and over again) and yeah with time, the wound will heal *hugs*

Ok enough soap opera! Managed to sneak to Kino to browse some books (haha have made list of books to buy!)

Friday (270804):
Argh, countless meetings today; What I learnt? Its hard to change mindsets or could it be generation gap? Bias? Perception? Again, cannot stress how important communication is. My colleague lent me a book on "Type Talk at Work". Browse through and will definitely read it over the weekend.


Success
To laugh often and much
To win the respect of intelligent peopple

And the affection of children
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
And endure the betrayal of false friends
To appreciate beauty

To find the best in others!

To leave the world a bit better
Whether by a healthy child
A garden patch or a redeemed social condition
To know even one life has breathed easier
Because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded

- Ralph Waldo Emerson -

No comments: